Saturday, January 11, 2020

[GMW #4487] Have Courage - Speak Out Positively & Optimistically For The Future Of Humankind

[GMW #4487] Have Courage -  Speak Out Positively & Optimistically For The Future Of Humankind Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 4000

~ Idea 4873 ~
One of my preferred senior international civil servants was Dr. Angwar Bogsch, the Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). He was a real Renaissance man, blessed with a vast and powerful mind. If you go to Geneva, please visit the building of WIPO which he designed himself with a truly cosmic feeling.

On one of my visits he said to me: "I came across your book Most of All, They Taught Me Happiness. I read it with fascination and ordered immediately ten copies for all my directors to read." I expressed surprise that my simple book could have aroused such an interest.

He looked at me sternly and exclaimed:
"Perhaps you do not realize what you have done. In my view your book is a turning point. In our present-day society it is very fashionable to be pessimistic, at times even cataclysmic.

Very few people dare to speak out positively and optimistically for the future of humankind, and to defend ethics, morality and spirituality.

Even those who believe in these virtues remain silent, because the majority is for pessimism.

You had the courage, on the basis of your life experience and UN endeavors, to come out bluntly and unreservedly for life, progress, hope, ethics, morality and further human ascent. People who will read you will follow you. For many of them you will be a sigh of relief. As I said, your book is a turning point."

He added, with a tinge of sadness in his words:
"Moreover, together with Hammarskjöld you are probably the only one of us who will survive in the memory of humankind."

Again, I expressed surprise:
"But I am not even able to write a consistent book from beginning to end! All I can do is write little stories, anecdotes, ideas."

He almost thundered back at me, lifting his finger and proclaimed with a solemn voice:
"But don't you know it? You use the style of the prophets! You have a prophetic message and quite naturally you use the prophet's forms of expression!"

Once again, I had learned an important lesson from a human brother. If what I was driving at was not so bad after all, then I could perhaps pursue my way and write another collection of anecdotes, stories and thoughts. This is how later, at the behest of Barbara Gaughen, the present volumes of 5000 Ideas and Dreams for a Better World were born. It is perhaps not a coincidence that Dr. Angwar Bogsch is a Hungarian and Barbara is of Hungarian descent.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume II - The Art of Personal Happy Living
Chapter 7 - Of Optimism


"Vanity of vanities, all is vanity."
Yes, dear pessimist, including your saying it!
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women,Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

Daily Ray of Hope
Oxpecker on the nose of a buffalo Photo by Alice Cahill | Oxpecker on the nose of a buffalo

I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
~ Edward Everett Hale


More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org

The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
- With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: