Monday, January 6, 2020

[GMW #4485] As Big Cities Become Unlivable People Will To Relocate In Nature And Smaller Cities


[GMW #4485] As Big Cities Become Unlivable People Will To Relocate In Nature And Smaller Cities Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 4000

~ Idea 4871 ~
New York City and San Francisco are apparently the two cities of the United States where real estate (housing, renting, buildings, etc.) are the highest priced in the country. I am surprised. I thought that they would be the lowest, more and more people refusing to live in such monstrous, overpopulated places and leaving them to return to smaller cities or living on the land. Well, it will happen sooner or later when those big cities will have become unlivable.

It reminds me of the remark of a big builder in the United States who, when visiting the UN Secretary General and hearing my observation, "Why do you create such monstrous cities? Are not the people some day going to abandon them?" answered me: "

You are right, they will. Every major construction firm in the United States has a plan for the abandonment of the big cities, but this is where we make the money until the people will relocate in nature and in smaller urbanization and in nature."

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume II - The Art of Personal Happy LivingChapter 7 - Of Optimism

When I joined the UN after World War II, I was a very pessimistic young man. Having seen the horrors committed between two highly civilized, white, advanced countries, France and Germany; having had a grandfather who had five successive nationalities due to three wars (French, German, French, German and French again) without leaving his village; having had a father who was twice a French soldier and once a German soldier; having seen half of my cousins in French and the other half in German uniforms, with the possibility that they might kill each other, I wondered how a world of black and whites, of communists and capitalists, of poor and rich, of 5000 languages, 2000 religions, so many nations and ethnic groups would ever make it without another world war. In my view such a war would break out in less than twenty years.

Today, in 2002, I am an optimist who is convinced that humanity will succeed and that we have a great, incredible third millennium before us. What was achieved by the United Nations during the past fifty-five years, would have seemed inconceivable to me in 1945.

I have told the story of my growing optimism and offered my ideas in numerous books, articles and speeches. I have done my duty as one of the first world servants during an entire adult life in the first universal, global organization of this planet, the United Nations. I thank God for having given me that privilege and opportunity.
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

Daily Ray of Hope
WORD FOR THE DAY
Queen caterpillar in Tucson, ArizonaPhoto by Dan Weisz | Queen caterpillar in Tucson, Arizona And so artistic creation is the metamorphosis of the external physical aspects of a thing into a self-sustaining spiritual reality.
~ Hans Hofmann



More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org

The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
- With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: