Friday, June 1, 2012

[GMW #2482] Yitzchak Rabin's Bust For The University Of Peace & Israel & USA Ratification Of The University for Peace



[GMW #2482] Yitzchak Rabin's Bust For The University Of Peace & Israel & USA Ratification Of The University for Peace
Monday 18 June 2012, Editor: Easy
| RobertMuller.org | Contact | Subscribe | Unsubscribe |
Biography | World Core Curriculum | Store | NEW Facebook | Twitter
| GMW Blogs: English | Portuguese | Spanish | Tagalog | Dutch |

Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 1001 to 1500
~ Idea 1048 ~
24 May 1997

Barbara my love,

Here is a little report on the event at the National Theater in San Jose, where Shimon Peres, former Prime Minister of Israel spoke about the peace process in the Middle East.  I had prepared a letter to him informing him that we had a bust of Yitzchak Rabin ready to be inaugurated on the beautiful grounds of the University for Peace and that we will invite him for the inauguration.  I added to the letter the issue of our magazine which has the photo of the bust, and also a copy of my first 100 ideas for a better world as an upcount to the year 2000.  The Theater was packed.  It was the closing of one of the yearly courses on international relations.  700 students were there as well as the whole diplomatic community.  There was not a chance of giving my envelope to Mr. Peres.  He made an incredible speech, one of the best I ever heard in my life, without a note, a deep humanistic philosophy with great wisdom, good humor and plenty of an overflowing heart.  He spoke about his collaboration with Rabin and how they spoke at an open air meeting.  Rabin slipped the notes of his speech into a pocket on his heart and said to him: I want to keep these notes.  Then a shot came and killed him...

When Peres finished his speech, after a long applause, the organizers asked if there were any questions.  My hand was lifted by an unknown force and I went to the microphone in front of the tribune, saying that I could not hold the tears in my eyes, because I was so moved and reminded of the miseries I knew in Alsace-Lorraine where we suffered so many wars between the French and the Germans.  This is why I commissioned a bust of Mr. Rabin to be erected on the grounds of the University for Peace, and handed to Mr. Peres a photo of it in my envelope.  The audience applauded, the Apostolic Nuncio and the mother of President Figueres came to embrace me.  I just could not believe what I had done out of a spontaneous, mysterious urging.

I hope that Mr. Peres will send me a note, whereupon I will beg him to make sure that Israel will ratify the University for Peace.  This might have an influence on a possible ratification by the US too.

I thought that this little report will please you.  Much of this is due to you: you make me dream and dare ever more.
With all my love,
Robert

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,  
Volume II Chapter 13 - Of Speaking
Keep they tongue clear of harm, and thy lips free from every treacherous word.
-- St. Peter
*


UN News Sources - UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service , UN Wire News Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rights of: Children, Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

WORD FOR THE DAY
Sticks in a bundle cannot be broken.
-- Bondei Proverb

Books recommended by Robert are here.
Other newsletters by GMW's editor can be viewed and subscribed to here.

Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
Decide To Index
Decide To Poems


No comments: