|[GMW #4594] A Total Revision Of The United
Friday 24 Jul, 2020, Editor: EasyIdea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 4000
RobertMuller.org| Contact| Sub
Biography| World Core Curriculum | Store |Facebook | Twitter
GMW Blogs: English | Portuguese |
~ Idea 4980 ~
The following would be sufficient reasons for putting an end to the UN and there are others:
- How many people in the world know that the UN is not allowed to deal with the issues and problems of the new world power of the multinational corporations? The UN Economic and Social Council had created a Center on Multinational Corporations headed by Mr. Frank Sahlgreen from Sweden who held the view that it should become a full specialized agency of the UN. Alas, the contrary happened when Mr. Boutros Ghali visited President George Bush on Camp Davis to solicit the vote of the US for his candidacy. Mr. Bush agreed on the condition that Mr. Ghali would suppress the Center on Multinational Corporations. Well, it was suppressed on the day after he was elected Secretary General.
- Another reason would be the suppression of the Fiscal and Financial Commission of the UN Economic and Social Council and of its Secretariat Branch where I worked as a young intern and official. It was one of the most beautiful, justice oriented, global works of the United Nations toward equitable world taxation and proper financing of governmental activities world-wide. The United States got both the Commission and the Branch suppressed arguing that it was within the International Monetary Fund's competence.
- The United Nations gives the impression that it helps the poor of the world, but its help is so minimal that it would be better to let the disastrous situation appear in its full reality and dimension.
- The war in Vietnam took place without any reference or chance for the United Nations to play a role. This was kept as a private United States war against another nation.
- The persistent refusal to see any world laws adopted by the United Nations.
Those are only the very first reasons that come to my mind. I do not believe that we can continue with this institution in the third millennium without a total revision, restructuring and considerable strengthening. We should not have to wait for a World War III for governments to have the courage to do that.
Volume II - The Art of Personal Happy Living
Chapter 10 - Of Dreams, Visions and Ideals
Dreams, visions and ideals elevate us into our higher, real, cosmic nature as beings of the universe. Through them we see how extraordinary, beautiful and miraculous life is when we possess full consciousness of our universal nature.
If it were in my power to conceive a new divinity, I would create a Goddess of Dreams. Dreams make a mother love and care for her children as if they were eternal, and perhaps they are.
Dreams make a young student believe that he will be great and glorious in his life. Heavenly is the dream of a young couple that their love will last forever.
Artists, writers, scientists, entrepreneurs, politicians thrive on the dream that their works and names will last forever.
Without the dreams of youthful heart and mind, the elderly could not survive. Even death would be infinitely worse without the dream of an after-life and immortality of the soul. Life could not be sustained without dreams: it is so short, so tiny, so mortal in the infinite universe that dreams are perhaps the most powerful driving force of human ascent and civilization.
Dreams of what we want to be make us actually become it.
UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women,IndigenousP
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.
Daily Ray of Hope
Photo by Rick Derevan | Black-tailed jackrabbit at the Merced National Wildlife Refuge in California
I tried to discover, in the rumor of forests and waves, words that other people could not hear, and I pricked up my ears to listen to the revelation of their harmony.
~ Gustave Flaubert
More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org
Click on any of these tags-labels to see more entries from Robert that have the tag-label:
|The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World
The Idea Dreams
- With An Index