Monday, October 6, 2014

[GMW #3144] Elections With All Campaign Money For Planting Trees And Giving Money To The Poor


[GMW #3144] Elections With All Campaign Money For Planting Trees And Giving Money To The Poor
Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500

~ Idea 3544 ~
From Adrian O'Barr, one of our grandchildren
(10 years old):


The huge money spent on electoral campaigns should be saved and used to plant trees, to avoid cutting trees and to give money to the poor. There should only be the elections.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume II Chapter 14 Of Writing
Two of the most important events in my life were circumstances when I had nothing to do. In 1946, after the war I was once sitting in a very slow train without any passengers and without anything to do or to read, not even a newspaper or a book. I then remembered the announcement at the University of Strasbourg of a prize offered by the United Nations Association of France to the student who would write the best essay on world government. I thought that this was addressed to me, composed it in my mind and typed it when I arrived home. It won the prize which opened to me the doors of the United Nations!

In 1964, during a UN conference in India, I was sitting in a bus to Agra in the evening, without lights, for several hours. I remembered a beautiful Hindu girl dressed in a magnificent Saree I had seen at a Rest House where we had been served tea. Having nothing to do, I dreamt that I interrupted my trip, stayed at the Rest House, fell in love with her and married her. I wrote a novel, Sima, Mon Amour, (Sima, My Love), which was published and received a French literary prize and opened to me the doors as a writer. 
*



UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

WORD FOR THE DAY
Even if you have a lot of work to do, if you
think of it as wonderful, and if you
feel it as wonderful, it will
transform into the energy of joy and fire,
instead of becoming a burden.
~ Tulku Thondup Rinpoche
The Practice of Dzogchen

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org

The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
- With An Index


Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: