Sunday, January 5, 2014

[GMW #2901] End Harmful Habits Rapidly


[GMW #2901] End Harmful Habits Rapidly Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500
~ Idea 3296 ~
I reached the age of seventy-seven thanks to the fact that I stopped smoking more than forty years ago.  I decided that when I accompanied my father who felt sick in his lungs to a doctor who asked him after examining him, "Do you smoke?"  "Yes."  "How much?"  "Two packs a day."  "Well, I'm sorry to tell you, you have an advanced lung cancer."  And my father died a few months later.

I have never forgotten that lesson and never smoked anymore in my whole life.


Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume I Chapter 5 The Miracle of Individual Life
There is not a moment in life when we cannot learn something, see a new wonder of Creation, have an unexpected thought, be thrilled by the profusing beauty of our Mother Earth.  We should be constantly all smiles, open eyes, open minds, open hearts, and drink avidly from the marvelous waters and sights of life.
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

WORD FOR THE DAY
How many times have you noticed that
it's the little quiet moments
in the midst of life that seem
to
give the rest extra-special meaning?
~ Fred Rogers, The World According to Mister Rogers

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org


The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
   With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: