Thursday, January 2, 2014

[GMW #2887] Earth Care - Not Earth Damaging & Earth Destroying


[GMW #2887] Earth Care - Not Earth Damaging & Earth Destroying Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500
~ Idea 3282 ~
Since the UN's first World Environment Conference in Stockholm in 1972 the words 'sustainable growth' and 'sustainable development' are more and more used instead of economic growth and economic development.  This is good but insufficient: first, one almost never hears the words 'unsustainable growth', 'unsustainable development', 'unsustainable consumption'.  Secondly, nature and the Earth having become a major, if not the main concern of humanity, the words 'Earth damaging' and 'Earth destroying growth or development' should also come into use.  Finally, 'Earth care' and 'proper Earth management' should go side by side at par with economic development and growth.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume III Chapter 2 The Miracle of Life Giving
When people ask me if I feel more French or more German, I answer:  "I do not feel either.  I am a human being, not a Frenchman, not a German nor anything else. If you insist and ask me where I come from I will answer:  from a beautiful region of Earth called Alsace-Lorraine. And my love for it does not require that it be a nation. 
On the contrary, I am happy it is not.  If it were, I would love it less."
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

Daily Ray of Hope

Michael Renfrow | Theodore Roosevelt National Park, ND
To accomplish great things,
we must not only act, but
also dream; not only
plan, but
also believe.
~ Anatole France 

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org
The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
   With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideToPoems

No comments: