Sunday, January 5, 2014

[GMW #2903] Hours Of Sleep Before Midnight Count Twice



[GMW #2903] Hours Of Sleep Before Midnight Count Twice
Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500
~ Idea 3298 ~   
Late in my life I learned another great lesson in Costa Rica: at my retirement from the UN I became volunteer Chancellor for one-dollar-a-year of the UN University for Peace in a magnificent, natural, primeval wonderland.  I bought an old farmhouse and farmland adjacent to the university.  There we have cows, a magnificent turkey, a flock of chickens and monkeys in the primeval woods.  In order not to be eaten in the night by coyotes coming from the woods the hens and the cocks fly up on top of trees near the farmhouse.  The roosters begin to sing the resurrection of the day at four o'clock in the morning dialoguing with cocks in the valley.  In order to get enough sleep Barbara and I decided to go to bed early, not later than 7:00 to 8:00pm.  As a result we wake up with the cocks having had eight to nine hours of sleep and you cannot imagine how much work you can do between 4:00am and 8:00am before getting involved in daily affairs.

We also decided to have a siesta each day after luncheon because a total of eight hours from 4:00am to midday is almost equivalent to a whole working day.

What we did confirmed an old popular saying: hours of sleep before midnight count twice.


Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume I Chapter 5 The Miracle of Individual Life
From a reader:
"Your book Most of All, They Taught Me Happiness puzzles me more and more.  Every evening I read or reread a chapter and each time I discover a new truth.  I now find myself being grateful for every day of my life and thanking God for that extraordinarily precious gift.  I had never done this before.  I have learned more from your book than from my Ph.D. in philosophy."
*


UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

WORD FOR THE DAY
I find ecstasy in living
-- the mere sense of living
is joy enough.
~ Emily Dickinson

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org

The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
   With An Index


Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: