Friday, July 27, 2018

[GMW #4191] Return Works Of Art To Their Countries

[GMW #4191] Return Works Of Art To Their Countries Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 4000
~ Idea 4581 ~
I suggest that the Secretary General of the UN publish every year a global report to the UN General Assembly on the works of arts returned to their countries of origin following a decision which Mr. René Maheu, the Director General of UNESCO and I obtained a number of years ago from the UN General Assembly.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living
Volume II - The Art of Personal Happy Living
Chapter 4 - On Positive Living

One day I was delivering a lecture on the positive elements of humanity's future to a group of missionaries.

When I finished, one of them complained that my optimism was hard to believe. Could I please give my reasons for it. The audience seemed to be in accord and was eagerly expecting my reply. I put on a surprised face, looked at him sternly and after a moment of calculated silence uttered these words:

'This is the last question I would have expected from you. How can you address to a layman a question which is in your domain, namely that of spirituality, of the "miracle of faith"? I am tempted to ask you to explain it to me, for the mysterious power of faith is at the core of your religious life as it is of my world servant's life. But you had 2000 years of experience while I had only a few decades."

I learned a great lesson that evening. Never before had I thought of the real depth and significance of these momentous words: "the miracle of faith".
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women,IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

WORD FOR THE DAY
When we release expectation and experience appreciation, all the moments of our lives become openings and opportunities.
~ Kristi Nelson

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org

The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
- With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: