Monday, July 14, 2014

[GMW #3040] Everything Starts With A Dream & Idea


[GMW #3040] Everything Starts With A Dream & Idea

Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500
~ Idea 3434 ~
15 October 2000

Dear Dr. Muller and Barbara

"I am delighted to be on the net and find Robert Muller! My signed copy of Most of All, They Taught Me Happiness is a well read and reread book, and as I thought with whom to share my idea, Dr. Muller's name came up on my inner lightboard. People must have thought of the following, but perhaps his expansive connections would assist spreading the idea if you two agree that:

Jerusalem should so obviously be THE international city of our planet. It should be a special principality just as the Vatican is in Rome. As the core of three of the five major world religions, it cannot 'belong' to any of them. I have even pictured the UN being centered there. How would this change the world? It would have to be for the better and toward world peace.

So, that's the idea; do with it what you will - and as I take the time in the next few days to go through this site thoroughly, I will be delighting in knowing where Dr. Muller is and what he is up to now."

Thanks for listening,

Billie Hobart

16 October 2000

Dear Billie Hobart,

I received your message with joy. I am glad that you kept in memory my first English book Most of All, They Taught Me Happiness. A little anecdote: when I finished the manuscript my wife, a Chilean diplomat, said to me: you must be kidding; after all your years at the UN you should have written a book on the UN. I answered: No. I wrote on happiness, because in the horrors of war you cannot find happiness. War must therefore be abolished. And I came to work for the UN, because it is a good chance to avoid wars. But it is only an instrument. The ultimate, most important objective is the happiness of people.

Your idea is splendid. It crossed my mind several times over the years. But I am almost sure that it was tried in the early years when Count Bernadotte was in charge of the Mid-East question. It could perhaps be revived, especially now that we have the United Religions Initiative, a religious United Nations, which I got finally established in the light of my book New Genesis and my opening speech at the World Parliament of Religions in 1992. May I suggest the following:

Send by fax to UN Secretary General Kofi Annan your idea and ask if it could not be a solution to the problem. Ask if it has ever been tried. He has always someone like me who discusses such messages with him and gives an answer to the person who wrote. Let me know what the answer will be, because even if it is negative, I will come up with something else. I will include yours in the fourth thousand ideas, half finished. Everything starts with a dream and an idea.

And thank you again for your message. It made my day in my little farmhouse on sacred Mount Rasur, above the UN University for Peace in demilitarized Costa Rica.

May God bless you

With my warmest wishes,

Robert Muller


Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume I Chapter 6 I and Creation
To speak and to write are an intimate part of life, an expansion and observation of life, a two-way process of learning, teaching, communicating and contributing to human progress and happiness. Therefore, do not become a speaker or writer for speaking or writing sake, but as a means of fulfilling yourself and bringing knowledge, happiness, joy, fulfillment and goodness to other humans and to the further evolution of humanity and of the Earth.
*


UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

WORD FOR THE DAY

If we open our hearts,
we will also find open hearts
- it is always mutual.
Abbot Leo von Rudloff
A Benedictine Legacy of Peace;
The Life of Abbot Leo A. Rudloff


More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org

Click on any of these tags-labels to see more entries from Robert that have the tag-label: 
The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
- With An Index


Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems


No comments: