Saturday, February 15, 2014

[GMW #2921] Addictionology - The Study & Science Of Addictions & How To Reduce Them



[GMW #2921] Addictionology - The Study & Science Of Addictions & How To Reduce Them
Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500
~ Idea 3315 ~
Soon there should be a new field of study and science, an addictionology covering the vast, growing field of addictions. It should study scientifically the methodology and strategies of making people addicts how to reduce addictions. A World University on Addictions could render humanity a great service. Just to mention a few addictions:
- to drugs
- to smoking
- to alcohol
- to over eating
- to power
- to over work
- to excessive television
- to excessive buying
and there are many others.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume I Chapter 5 The Miracle of Individual Life
From INTRODUCTION of PART V IDEAS 3401 TO 3500

Preface to a statement by a Coalition for the Children of the Earth
submitted to the fiftieth anniversary of the United Nations

Dear Children,

When I was a small child I considered that to be alive was the most beautiful thing on Earth, a true miracle. I used the biggest word I could find and said that life was divine.

The grown-ups smiled at me when I said that. But when I looked out of my window I saw a border between France and Germany beyond which other people lived, enemies, and I was not allowed to cross that border. There were armies on both sides. But I saw the moon, the clouds and the birds overfly freely that border and I wondered why humans could be so wrong.

Well, the war came and made me become a refugee, a prisoner, a freedom fighter in the mountains. You cannot imagine all the horrors I saw done by humans to other humans. When the war was over, I decided to devote my life to peace. I am still doing it as Chancellor of the first University for Peace in one of the first demilitarized countries on this planet.

I am so happy that thanks to the Coalition for Children of the Earth, the children from all around the world will be given a voice and tell the grown-ups of the United Nations on its fiftieth anniversary what kind of world they want.

I wish that somewhere on this planet there were a United Nations of Children which would tell their elders what they should do and how they should manage this beautiful planet in peace, kindness, justice, love and happiness for all. Please consider it.

It could be located on the heavenly grounds of the University for Peace where from Rasur, the god of the indigenous children, prophecized to them that a civilization of peace will extend to the entire world. How happy I will be in my old age and in my grave knowing that you would work near me and fulfill the dream I had as a little boy.

I love you very much,

Robert Muller, Chancellor
Universidad para la Paz
Ciudad Colon, Costa Rica
Established by the UN in 1980
*


UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

Geneva Morning! Happy Day Everyone
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/l/t1/1922357_10152264328284878_1042304561_n.jpg
From A Post from Robert's
Facebook by Cristina Lakshmi Michels

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org

The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
   With An Index


Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: