Wednesday, June 2, 2010

[GMW #1973] A Truly Magical Life - University Of Peace, Borders Of Europe Suppressed, Robert Muller Schools, World Core Curriculum



[GMW #1973] A Truly Magical Life - University Of Peace, Borders Of Europe Suppressed, Robert Muller Schools, World Core Curriculum
Thursday 3 June 2010, Editor: Easy
| RobertMuller.org | Contact | Subscribe | Unsubscribe |
Biography | World Core Curriculum | Store | Facebook | Twitter
| GMW Blogs: English | Portuguese | Spanish | Tagalog | Dutch |

Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 1 to 500
Ideas 401 to 500
Introduction

A Testimony to Hope and Plea for Audacity
by Robert Muller
(Part 2)

I entered the UN as an intern and was privileged to rise over the years to Assistant Secretary General working directly with three Secretaries General.  When I look back, I thank the UN for a truly magical life.

And retirement was not the end.  Three days before I retired from the UN in 1986, after 38 years of service, Rodrigo Carazo, the President of Costa Rica, a man whom I greatly admire, proposed that I should become the one-dollar-a year chancellor of the recently created University of Peace in Costa Rica.  I accepted with delight to continue to work for a UN agency in a peaceful, demilitarized country to which I would give the highest mark for its initiatives and successes at the UN: the creation of the post of Commissioner for Human Rights, the Nobel Peace Prize to President Oscar Arias, the celebration of the International Day of Peace and the world cease-fire proposed by Costa Rica for the week of the fiftieth anniversary of the UN.  And how could I have ever dreamt that I would see disappear the border with Germany which I could see from my window during my youth and which created so much misery for my family?  And that all the borders in western Europe would be suppressed, a European Union created, and that in 1994 I could, for the first time, cross without any controls, the border between France and Germany in my hometown of Sarreguemines in Alsace-Lorraine?  And that there would exist today in the world 33 schools bearing my name or using a new education which I derived from the United Nations?

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,  
Volume II Chapter 14 - Of Writing
Voltaire in his castle of Ferney in France had several desks in several rooms, with various manuscripts on which he was working.  He added to them when the right thoughts came to him.  I do not have a castle, several rooms and several desks, but I have manuscripts to which I add my thoughts when they are ripe.  I add them to my thousands of ideas and dreams for a better world from which the computer can extract entire pamphlets on many subjects.

UN News Sources - UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service , UN Wire News Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rights of: Children, Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

Heart Quotes
"Nothing happens unless first we dream."
- Carl Sandburg

Books recommended by Robert are here.
Other newsletters by GMW's editor can be viewed and subscribed to here.

Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
Decide To Index
Decide To Poems


No comments: