Wednesday, February 10, 2010

[GMW #1892] Ministry Of Garbage And Waste Reduction

Wednesday 10 February 2010, Editor: Easy



Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 1 to 500
~ Idea 241 ~    8 March 1995

There is need for a world conference on garbage and all wastes and remains from human activities and consumption on this planet.  The industrial revolution must now be followed by an anti-garbage revolution.  In all countries this has become a major problem.  International exchanges of experience on prevention and disposal is needed.  Every country should create a Ministry of Garbage and Waste Reduction.

This also is to be taken into account: at the end of his or her life, the average person in a developing country leaves behind 150 times his or her weight in solid waste.  The average American leaves behind a mountain of waste 4,000 times their own weight.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,  
Volume III Chapter I - The Span Of Life
Beautify and sanctify every place of Earth where you live, your home, your office, your garden, your village, your city.  It will bring you much happiness.


UN News Sources - UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service , UN Wire News Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rights of: Children, Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

You've Been Upgraded

My life currently requires a fair bit of travel but I was definitely surprised by my latest flight as when I walked in I realized that my ticket was in 1st class!  This is seldom the case and so I thought it must have been a courtesy upgrade due to frequent travel.
I was traveling with my colleague and remembering a story I had read a few months ago, I quickly decided that I was going to offer the seat to someone else.  I mentioned this to my colleague and his response was to do the same!  So together, he and I made our way through the plane, Smile Cards in hand, looking for an unsuspecting person to tag.  Towards the back, we found a couple unsuspecting young folks and offered an upgrade.  They jumped at the chance :) 

Once we sat down in our new seat, the woman on the other side of the aisle looked at me and asked 'why would you give up comfy seats to strangers so you can sit back here?'  I responded, 'So I could see a couple people smile, and they're not strangers, they're family!'  She liked that answer :)
- Daily Good

Books recommended by Robert are here.
Other newsletters by GMW's editor can be viewed and subscribed to here.

Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org

No comments: