Saturday, July 23, 2016

[GMW #3628] Planetics - The New Consciousness Administration Of Earth - Replaces Politics


[GMW #3628] Planetics - The New Consciousness Administration Of Earth - Replaces Politics Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 4000
~ Idea 4023 ~
I have proposed earlier in these ideas that the word politics (from the Greek 'polis' the city) should be replaced by planetics, the administration of the planet. I'm glad that already in 1991 UNESCO sponsored a colloquium on the subject 'From Politics to Planetics' in which the office of the Prime Minister of France and the French National Foundation of Political Sciences participated.

I urge that this linguistic progress be adopted world-wide. It would create a much needed new consciousness of our place and role on this Earth. The United 20 Nations should be the first to give the good example and transform its Department of Political Affairs into a Department of Planetics or Planet Earth Affairs.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume III - The Seasons of Life
Chapter 3 -
The Miracle of Childhood
The role of grandparents and of old people in the development of children, the transmission to them of their wisdom of life, especially through story-telling, is of fundamental importance.  When I was a little boy I apparently took my cap off whenever I met an old person.  My father asked me why I was doing that and I answered: "Because they know so much."  Indeed I received some of the greatest lessons in my life from my only living grandparent, my grandfather the hatmaker.  Today, many more children are luckier: they have the benefit of their grandparents, due to increased longevity.
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

Heart Quotes
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org


The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
- With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: