Sunday, August 11, 2013

[GMW #2784] Changing Earth's Name To planet Business Is Not Acceptable



[GMW #2784] Changing Earth's Name To planet Business Is Not Acceptable
Idea Dream -Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500
~ Idea 3177 ~
The Earth:
"Dear Robert, I think it would be better if humans would change my name and replace it by what I have really become, namely the planet Business.  It would remove the feminine aspect of my nature and make me what I really am now, namely a males' planet."

I:
You may be right.  As a matter of fact, this gives me an idea: the Earth Council established on the magnificent grounds of the UN University for Peace in Costa Rica should draw up a world list of the words used for the Earth, their etymology and meaning in all languages.  This would give us a precious idea of how humans in the different places of the world perceived you.  I know only a very few:

In Greek, Gaya was a goddess who whirled as a nebula in the universe and became the Earth.  Western scientific words use it profusely: geology, geometry, geophysics, geography, etc. (geo being a contraction of gaya).

In German, die Erde comes from goddess Eartha; the same origin of the English Earth.

The Latin Terra, French Terre, Spanish Terra, etc. are all feminine.

I will suggest it to Celine Cousteau, who works at the Earth Council,

The Earth:
"I would like that because I loved so much Captain Jacques Cousteau, her grandfather."

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume II Chapter 3 Of Consciousness
Walk through life lightly with little baggage, like an angel.  Do not be overburdened, too earthbound, too goodsbound.  Like angels keep your head and soul in heaven.
*


UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.


WORD FOR THE DAY
What a wonderful life I’ve had!
I only wish I’d realized it sooner.
~ Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette

Quoted in
Age Doesn't Matter Unless You're a Cheese,
by Kathryn and Ross Petras


More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller'sGoodMorningWorld.org
The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
   With An Index


Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: