Monday, October 15, 2012

[GMW #2572] Thanksgiving For Creation Of The The United Nations




[GMW #2572] Thanksgiving For Creation Of The The United Nations
Monday 22 Oct 2012, Editor: Easy
| RobertMuller.org | Contact | Subscribe | Unsubscribe |
Biography | World Core Curriculum | Store | NEW Facebook | Twitter
| GMW Blogs: English | Portuguese | Spanish | Tagalog | Dutch |

Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 1501 to 2000
~ Idea 1566 ~ 24 October 1998
United Nations Day

Today on this UN Day I give my special thanks to God for the creation of the United Nations after World War II during which I saw so many horrors and lost all my school friends of the year 1939, in Alsace-Lorraine, killed in German or French uniforms. I also thank my friends of Thanksgiving Center in Dallas for having fulfilled my dream to see the Year 2000 declared International Year of Thanksgiving by the United Nations, and to start that celebration with a World Assembly "Spirit of a Thousand Years" from 12 to 16 March 1999 at the Center for World Thanksgiving.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,  
Volume II  Chapter 2  Of Happiness
Popular wisdom rightly says "smile" to an unhappy child or person. 
My unhappy face might keep others away and render me even more unhappy, because I notice their displeasure. 
This might create permanent unhappy features on my face which will make me a permanently unhappy person.

But if I smile and have a happy face,
I will make others feel happy and will receive more happiness in return.
Hence:  a smile costs nothing and can
reap a beautiful harvest of happiness. 

Smiling should become a major art and education.
*


UN News Sources - UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service , UN Wire News Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rights of: Children, Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.


a
Photo by Dave Toussaint (www.photographersnature.com). Location: Sedona, AZ.

What a wonderful world.
-- Louis Armstrong

Books recommended by Robert are here.

Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
Decide To Index
Decide To Poems


No comments: