Thursday, January 5, 2012

[GMW #2369] An Annual Jose Figueres Demilitarization Prize from Costa Rica


Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 1001 to 1500
~ Idea 1238 ~
30 November 1997
Since Costa Rica has been for years the most peaceful and most prosperous country in Central America, thanks to the genial decision of former President Jose Figueres to demilitarize the country by Constitution in 1949, I recommend that wealthy people of Costa Rica and sympathetic foreign philanthropists contribute to a fund which would give a yearly Jose Figueres Demilitarization Prize to the country which has demilitarized itself or made most progress towards demilitarization.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume II Chapter 11 - Of Gratitude
Another surprise to me was U Thant, the Buddhist Secretary General whose direct aide I was for two years. He was the most deeply spiritual person I have ever known. He once said to me: "Robert, I cannot understand you Catholics who limit spirituality to an hour in church on Sunday. I am a spiritual person from the moment I wake up until I go to rest." One day I said to him: "When you receive visitors, why don't you tell them to do something for peace and a better world?" He answered: "How could I do that? These people come to see me to tell me something. I must therefore open myself to them, empty myself of my self, so that I can receive them entirely as a human brother or sister."
UN News Sources - UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service , UN Wire News Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rights of: Children, Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/183146_1522976248293_1651214492_1037654_1181931_n.jpg
Photo by Samir Younés. One of Robert's Facebook friends.

HeartMath
Kindness is the language
which the deaf can hear &
the blind can see.
- Mark Twain

Books recommended by Robert are here.
Other newsletters by GMW's editor can be viewed and subscribed to here.

Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org
Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
Decide To Index
Decide To Poems


No comments: