Thursday, January 5, 2012

[GMW #2366] A World Party of Humans Whose Rights


Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 1001 to 1500
~ Idea 1235 ~
27 November 1997
I sincerely hope, I pray that entire groups of humans whose rights, participation and needs are not satisfactorily heard in the United Nations, in regional organizations and national governments will submerge these institutions with numerous, concrete ideas as we move to the year 2000 and a new century and millennium. I am thinking in particular of youth, mothers, indigenous people, the poor and the unemployed of the world. I do not know why no one has created a world party of the poor. It should have been done at the UN Copenhagen world conference on poverty, as I had recommended.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume II Chapter 11 - Of Gratitude
-from My Spiritual Journey
When the war was over and I returned home, I learned that my father had spent several months in prison because I had escaped from the Germans. He asked me what I was going to do with my life. I replied: "I will work for peace. I do not want my children and grandchildren to see the horrors I have seen in this war." He said that there were no peacemakers on this planet and that I would lose my time. But during my doctorate of law studies at the University of Strasbourg I participated in a French essay competition on the subject "What do you think of world government?" I won the essay which led to an internship with the new United Nations in an abandoned war factory near New York City. I was hired as an official and stayed with the UN for the rest of my life.
UN News Sources - UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service , UN Wire News Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rights of: Children, Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/384856_2128485185638_1651214492_1599921_359709422_n.jpg
Photo by Samir Younés. One of Robert's Facebook friends.

WORD FOR THE DAY
The heart is right to cry
even when the smallest drop of light,
of love, is taken away....

You are right to do so in any fashion
until God returns to you.

Hafiz, translated by Daniel Ladinsky
The Gift: Poems by Hafiz

Books recommended by Robert are here.
Other newsletters by GMW's editor can be viewed and subscribed to here.

Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org
Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
Decide To Index
Decide To Poems


No comments: