Tuesday, December 7, 2010

[GMW #2104] Global Human Enthusiasm Of Love From The Heart For Our Wonderful Planet Earth And The Fulfillment Of The Miracle Of Human Life



[GMW #2104] Global Human Enthusiasm Of Love From The Heart For Our Wonderful Planet Earth And The Fulfillment Of The Miracle Of Human Life
Friday 9 December 2010, Editor: Easy
| RobertMuller.org | Contact | Subscribe | Unsubscribe |
Biography | World Core Curriculum | Store | Facebook | Twitter
| GMW Blogs: English | Portuguese | Spanish | Tagalog | Dutch |

Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 1 to 500
~ Idea 1305 ~    5 February 1998

The American author Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote: "Every great and commanding moment in the annals of the world is the triumph of some enthusiasm."

The trouble at the end of the twentieth century is that our predominant enthusiasm is for business, money, even more consumption, and acquisition of ever more "goods" and wealth.

Human enthusiasm in the 21st century should be for our wonderful planet Earth and the fulfillment of the miracle of human life.  It should be an enthusiasm of love, coming from the heart (en theos, God in us).

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,  
Volume II Chapter 4 - Of Positive Living
One day I was delivering a lecture on the positive elements of humanity's future to a group of missionaries.

When I finished, one of them complained that my optimism was hard to believe.  Could I please give my reasons for it.  The audience seemed to be in accord and was eagerly expecting my reply.  I put on a surprised face, looked at him sternly and after a moment of calculated silence uttered these words:

'This is the last question I would have expected from you.  How can you address to a layman a question which is in your domain, namely that of spirituality, of the "miracle of faith"?  I am tempted to ask you to explain it to me, for the mysterious power of faith is at the core of your religious life as it is of my world servant's life.  But you had 2000 years of experience while I had only a few decades."

I learned a great lesson that evening.  Never before had I thought of the real depth and significance of these momentous words:  "the miracle of faith".

UN News Sources - UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service , UN Wire News Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rights of: Children, Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

Photo Credit: Jacqueline DeelyLocation: Elkhorn Slough, near Monterey, CA
But my heart is not weary. It's light and it's free.
I've got nothing but affection for all those who've sailed with me.

-- Bob Dylan


Books recommended by Robert are here.
Other newsletters by GMW's editor can be viewed and subscribed to here.

Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org
Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
Decide To Index
Decide To Poems


No comments: