Monday, May 14, 2018

[GMW #4067] Ending The Violence Of Highly Civilized - White - Countries & All Other Countries

[GMW #4067] Ending The Violence Of Highly Civilized - White - Countries & All Other Countries Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 4000
~ Idea 4460 ~
Regarding situations of violence I remember these three:

1. We lived in a very poor street of a French city on the border with Germany in Alsace- Lorraine. Many very poor workers families lived there. My father had started a little hatmaking shop there. We were very poor too. What really shocked me was the fact that when the workers were paid on Saturday and came home from the factory, they went to the bar and they drank a lot. Then one could hear some of them beating their wives late in the evening. Perhaps these workers were looking for an escape from their miseries by drinking. They felt good as a result of the alcohol but then it had this dismal effect on them. Thank God our father did not drink and we were spared that misery in our family.

2. In September 1939, after having been refugees already in 1938, we were again asked to leave our homes within a few hours. I was sitting in my attic high up in our house reading romantic literature. My mother came up and said to me, "Son, wrap a few clothes of yours. We have to evacuate the city by twelve o'clock. Do it right away. There is no moment to lose." I answered her, "What do I have to do with Mr. Hitler and his wars? I am entitled to my happiness and will not change my life because of the insane dreams of this madman." My mother looked at me, had no comment, but slapped me in the face almost knocking me out. And she left the room. I had gotten her message!

3. Then there were the horrors I saw in World War II, especially by the Nazis. I remember seeing the dead remains of French prisoners they had burned alive. The dead bones of their hands and legs were bound with barbed wire! We of the French Resistance were not very good either. When we captured a German or a French collaborator we forced the head of the man or the woman into a bucket of water until they suffocated. And we repeated this until they told the truth, denounced other collaborators.

And all this was happening between two highly civilized, white countries, France and Germany.  

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume I - The Great Scene of Creation
Chapter 2 - Our Miraculous Planetary Home

These words uttered by 96 years old Pablo Casals have been a great guide in my life:

"The child must know that he is a miracle, a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been and until the end of the world there will not be another child like them. They are a unique thing, from the beginning to the end of the world.

Now, that child acquires a responsibility: `Yes, it is true, I am a miracle. I am a miracle like a tree is a miracle, like a flower is a miracle. Now, if I am a miracle, can I do a bad thing?  No, I can't, because I am a miracle."

"God, Nature. I call God Nature, or Nature God. And then comes this other thought:

I am a miracle that God or Nature has made.  Could I kill?  Could I kill someone?  No, I can't.  Or another human being who is a child like me, can he kill me?  I think that this theory can help to bring forth another way of thinking in the world. The world today is bad; it is a bad world.  And it is because they don't talk to the children in the way that the children need."
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

Daily Ray of Hope
Ontonagon, Michigan
Photo by Harry H. Hitzeman Jr. | Ontonagon, Michigan Ontonagon, Michigan
The life of the nation is secure only
while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.
~ Frederick Douglass

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org

The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
- With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: