|[GMW #4192] Compile
& Celebrate The Good Actions Done
For A Better, Happier, Peaceful World
Wednesday 09 Jan, 2019, Editor: EasyIdea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 4000
RobertMuller.org| Contact| Subscribe | Unsubscribe
Biography| World Core Curriculum | Store |Facebook | Twitter
GMW Blogs: English | Portuguese | Spanish| Tagalog | Dutch
~ Idea 4582 ~I hope that every continent, region and nation on Earth will submit to the United Nations General Assembly early in the third millennium a report on the good actions they have done for a better, more peaceful, happier world since the creation of the UN. Here are a few big examples:
- the early common decision of the Latin American countries not to equip themselves with nuclear arms (Treaty of Tlatelolco)
- the end of the cold war decided by the Soviet Union and Eastern European countries.
- the creation of the borderless European Union of 15 countries.
Example of a country, Costa Rica:
- its demilitarization by constitution in 1949;
- the Nobel Peace Prize to President Oscar Arias for his peace results in Central America;
- the adopted proposal by Costa Rica to have the yearly opening of the UN General Assembly declared International Day of Peace;
- the creation of the post of High Commissioner of Human Rights by the United Nations;
- the declaration of several world cease-fires (on occasion of the 50th anniversary of the UN, the Olympics, etc.);
- the creation of the UN University for Peace in Costa Rica
- the creation by the 1992 UN World Conference on the Environment in Rio de Janeiro of an Earth Council located in Costa Rica
- the happiness of all mothers in Costa Rica who, when giving birth to a son know that he will never be a soldier.
Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living
Volume II - The Art of Personal Happy Living
Chapter 4 - On Positive Living
A wise lady who at the age of 84 was still organizing each year a UN Day of Prayer on 24 October in her city of St. Augustine, Florida, always stamped these appropriate words by Edmund Burke on her mail:*
"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is that good people do nothing."
We should all stamp on our mail some positive, inspiring saying which will help good and happiness prevail on Earth.
UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women,IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.
Photo by Steve Corey | Oatman, California, on historic Route 66
Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org
Click on any of these tags-labels to see more entries from Robert that have the tag-label:
For A Better World
The Idea Dreams
- With An Index