Saturday, September 25, 2010

Remembering Robert - Part 4

Check back here for the most recent updates.

Robert's Life Celebration will be Monday morning Sep 27th
The live webcast begins at 11 am on
PeaceDay.TV
Remembrances of Robert are here
and are updated periodically
as they come in from
replies to GMW, Email, Contact, and Facebook comments.
[GMW] Remembering Robert

Remembering Robert - Part 4

http://www.robertmuller.org/images/RM-Child.png
Photo from Francisco Mora

Francisco Mora I Want You, I'll just say see you soon, and not for long, because I know you'll see my dear friend Robert Muller. att chichi

Ashley Young
Ashley Young 
Leland contacted me to let me know of Robert's passing. My hope is that his soul is united with Ewert and other lifelong friends. Robert was such an inspiration to me. Am so happy to have met you both again last June. Love and peace, Ashley.

In loving memory of Dr. Robert Muller, the UN "Prophet of Hope" and inspiration to so many around the world.

Robert Muller, Former Assistant Secretary General of the UN to Three Secretaries General, passed away on September 20, 2010. He was the Co-Founder of the Int'l Day of Peace in 1981, the Founder of the UN University for Peace in Costa Rica, and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize more than 20 times. Adopted into the Hopi Native American Tribe, he was lovingly known among UN Associates as a "Prophet of Hope."


In this clip, Robert Muller, Former Assistant Secretary General of the United Nations and Former Chancellor of the UN University for Peace in Costa Rica, discusses what he hopes for the future of humanity—which no doubt is changing. Muller, who has written many books including 7000 Ideas and Dreams ...

I am sorry to hear about the passing of Robert.
His words are often quoted by me in our global work.
He will be with me always.
Wayne

love and gratitude,
raphael 
"from the center which we call the race of men,
let the Plan of love and light work out..."
---

September 24, 2010

Dearest Barbara and family,

I am sending you something I included last year, in my father's, funeral service and celebration of his life. I read this to all our family and his friends at his church,  and gave it to everyone as part of a special booklet that I created of personal remembrances of all our beloved father's international contributions around the world.

I hope this reflection of your beloved comforts you and that you are able to share it with Dr. Muller's extended family, colleagues, and co-workers.  
When I die
If you need to weep,
Cry for your brother,
Walking the street beside you;
And when you need me
Put your arms around anyone
And give them what you need to give me.
I want to leave you something -
Something better than words or sound:
Look for me in the people I 've known or loved,
And if you cannot give me away
At least let me live in your eyes
And not on your mind.
You can love me most by letting hands touch hands
And by letting go of children
That need to be free.
Love does not die;
People do.
So when all that's left of me is love,
Give me away. 
                            -Anon
               
Though taken from us, the ones we love live on.
Although they are now beyond the reach of our arms,
they will always be within the embrace of our never-ending love.                   

Through every moment of this difficult time,
you are being held close in my thoughts and my heart. 

                             Love,  Anne L.
---


Kazu Furuta
In this note:
View note

Sjoerd Auke Koppert
Sjoerd Auke Koppert I had the privilege of knowing you, you made my life richer. I will miss you, as will the rest of humanity. Thank God for your life.
Lots of strength Barbara.




Jean Rowe Robert was a great inspiration for me since early in my adult life when I met him at Windstar. His teachings on peace are priceless treasures. What a world we would have if all practiced his teachings! I will miss this bright light on our planet. Blessings on Barbara and family.



Robert Alan Silverstein Robert Muller was one of my greatest heroes and inspirations - he will be truly missed. My sincere condolences to Barbara and family.

Hundertwassers Paradise in restoration said...
I met Robert Muller at a UN conference, read his book and followed his work, he left a lasting impression and was a personal inspiration. My condolances to his wife and family.

Best wishes Chris Muth
September 20, 2010 9:03 PM
Delete
Blogger Lyna said...
The world has lost one of the greatest thinkers/dreamers and spokespersons for PEACE of our time. May we all continue to spread his ideas and dreams for a better world; as his body of work is an inspiration for decades to come. Thank you with all my heart Robert Muller for being our guiding light. For helping us believe in happiness and peace on Earth. Our love is with you!
My heartfelt condolences to Barbara Muller, clearly his champion and inspiration. Know that we're holding you in our hearts with deep sympathy and gratitude.
September 20, 2010 11:44 PM
Delete
Blogger freed said...
Seldom did I have such a deep and joyous impression like meeting Robert (and you, Barbara). At the Hague Appeal for Peace in May 1999, you were present when Fred Stern, the rainbow man, created a rainbow in your honor. Linda Grover (from the Tree Island gathering, she sadly passed away beginning this year) and several of the participants joined. You signed a Millennium Meal table. A report and a photograph is still on my website planetwork.org
I will remember you as the special person who transformed from a cynic to embrace in love literally the whole world. May you be remembered as the shiny beacon that you were during your rich life. Happily you and Barbara shared so much that you will live on in numerous others. We are all One.
September 21, 2010 12:43 AM
Delete
Blogger Marc said...
Earth has lost but Heaven has gained..
Mark Quire
September 21, 2010 4:31 AM









Delete
Blogger Dianette said...
We were and are truly blessed with his joyful and de'light-filled spirit. My favorite memory is singing "Ode To Joy" by Beethoven at the top of my lungs, accompanied by Robert on his harmonica! Bless you, Barbara, on this journey. My thoughts are with you. Celebrating Robert's life is the greatest gift we can give him in his passing.
September 21, 2010 11:04 AM
Delete
Blogger Joanie Misrack said...
Dearest Barbara... I have so many wonderful and joyful memories of being with you and Robert, and am so very sad to know I won't see him again ... will miss our Santa Barbara lunches! In so many ways the two of you are models for us of happiness in marriage and love, which gets better all the time. Thank you for all you did to support Robert in his elder statesman years, in bringing forth so many impactful ideas and wisdom for us all -- especially Pathways To Peace and the UN Peoples Assembly. Robert will be greatly missed, and you will always be a special part of our family! Love you! Joanie & Jack Ciardelli
September 21, 2010 7:09 PM
Delete
Blogger SANDY HINDEN said...
My dear mentor Robert Muller now leaves it up to all of us to continue to work co-creatively to create his Paradise Earth through loving, co-creative, co-empowering sustainable villages worldwide. He gave us all so much love, happiness and joy and we now continue to pass it on to the next generation. When we align each day with the Creative Source in the Universe, we align with our dear Robert once again...
~ Sandy Hinden, 7 Keys to Love
September 22, 2010 7:10 AM
Delete
Blogger NormaG said...
I miss you already dear Robert Muller! You were my first 'virtual guru' many, many years ago and have been an inspiration and hero ever since! My thoughts and prayers are with you Barbara!
September 23, 2010 7:20 AM

Blogger Adriana said...
Dearest Barbara, I am very sorry for your loss, yet I am very thankful with you that I was able to visit you both last December. It was a unvaluable present you gave me!! You and Robert are part of my life and can not express enough what you both mean to me in my upeace years. Many hugs from Costa Rica, you{re always in my heart! Adriana Molina
September 23, 2010 8:12 AM
Delete
Blogger Katherine said...
Barbara,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. All of us here on Meditation Mount are deeply moved by Robert's passing. He could not have chosen a more appropriate moment, soaring out on the hundreds of thousands of prayers for Peace being raised around the planet. His spirit was certainly with the 150 of us as we undertook a pilgrimage Walk of Peace here in Ojai.

Well done Robert! Your ascending has infused our UN International Day of Peace with your spirit and will carry us forward into the full realization of Paradise Earth! Thank you for all your gifts to us and Bless your journey onward and upward.

Katherine and Roger Collis
September 23, 2010 8:35 AM
Delete
Blogger poohbahbah said...
Many hand claps and cheers for you Robert---Yes, your job was well done indeed. Memories of you bring smiles, joy and happiness. Jackie
September 23, 2010 12:21 PM
===



Dennis J. Kucinich
OF OHIO
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
IN HONOR AND REMEMBRANCE OF DR. ROBERT MULLER

Madam Speaker, I rise today in honor and remembrance of Dr. Robert Muller, a lifelong champion for peace who served humanity tirelessly throughout his life.

Born in Belgium in 1923, Dr. Muller was raised in the Alsace-Lorraine region of France where he experienced unrelenting political and cultural turmoil. During World War II he was a member of the French Resistance and was imprisoned by the Germans during the Nazi occupation. In 1948, he won an essay contest with his entry about how to govern the world. The prize was an internship at the newly created United Nations.

The internship set him on a life path that led to 38 years of work behind the scenes at the United Nations where he rose to the official position of Assistant-Secretary General, serving three Secretaries General.

In 1986, Rodrigo Carazo, the President of Costa Rica, proposed that Dr. Muller become the chancellor of the UN University of Peace in Costa Rica of which he was the co-founder.

His deeply spiritual understanding of our planet and the life that graces it led him to create a “World Core Curriculum” which is taught at 34 Robert Muller Schools around the world. The Curriculum earned him the UNESCO Peace Education Prize in 1989 and the honorary title of “father of global education.” He also received the Albert Schweitzer International Prize for the Humanities and the Eleanor Roosevelt Man of Vision Award.

He was a prolific writer, having published fourteen books in various languages, including “2000 Ideas and Dreams for a Better World”, in which he proposed concrete, visionary ideas designed to create a peaceful and harmonious planet.

Madam Speaker and Colleagues, please join me in honor and remembrance of Dr. Robert Muller, who will be deeply missed. I offer my heartfelt condolences to his entire family and to his many friends. Dr. Muller’s life is one to celebrate, as he lived it with a generous heart, a true joy for living and unwavering love for is family, friends, colleagues and our beautiful planet.

(Appearing in the Congressional Record in September 2010; Vol. 156)



Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
Decide To Index
Decide To Poems


No comments: