Monday, October 24, 2016

[GMW #3753] For The Future Of The Earth And Humanity Convene A World Conference


[GMW #3753] For The Future Of The Earth And Humanity Convene A World Conference Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 4000
~ Idea 4148 ~
Letters to Sweden Dear Mr. Ambassador,

Mr. John McConnell, a dear friend for many years, called me to underline again the importance of Earth Day of which he was the father. In our conversation I mentioned to him that he should not be too unhappy because substantial progress has been achieved since Sweden's initiatives in 1968 for the holding of UNESCO's world conference on the biosphere and the first UN conference on the Environment in Stockholm in 1972. I thought that I should send him a copy of a letter to the Ambassador of Sweden in 1994. He asked me to send you a copy too, which I am doing herewith.

Santa Barbara, 9 July 2001

In my 4000 Ideas and Dreams for a Better World I often give Sweden as a model country, for example the agreement of the government with Swedish toy manufacturers not to produce war toys, and the prohibition of advertisements addressed to children below a certain age.

If you have more such examples I would be happy to report them in the next volumes.

Ambassador Lars-Goran Engfeldt Ministry of the Environment Sweden

Dear Mr. Ambassador,
I send you my very warmest greetings
Robert Muller Former UN Assistant Secretary General
Co-founder of the UN University for Peace in Costa Rica

Santa Barbara, 11 July 2001

I take pleasure in sending you pages 90 to 91, Volume VI, from my 4000 Ideas and Dreams for a Better World, mentioned in my earlier fax to you. I add two more ideas in which Sweden which has been in the foreground of caring for the Earth might take an interest.

Combined, the idea would be to obtain the convening of a World Conference on the Future of the Earth and of Humanity to the Year 3000. It would be a great historic event with profound effects on what will happen on this planet in the years and centuries to come.

We absolutely must take a long term view of the future, to avoid potentially irreversible, negative events. We owe it to the next generation. Ambassador Lars-Goran Engfeldt Ministry of the Environment Sweden

Yours sincerely, Robert Muller

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume III - The Seasons of Life
Chapter 6 - The Rich Age
The role of grandparents in the development of children and transmission of the wisdom of life, especially through story-telling, is of paramount importance.

Some of the greatest lessons in my life I received from my only grandparent alive, my grandfather the hat maker.

Today, many more children have the benefit of their grandparents, due to increased longevity.  They should be happy and grateful and take full advantage of it.

A grandparent is alive and a blessing. Television is not.
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

WORD FOR THE DAY
No matter what accomplishments you achieve,
somebody helps you.
~ Althea Gibson

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org


The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
- With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: