Wednesday, March 23, 2011

[GMW #2179] St. Francis And St. Claire Patron Saints Of the United Nations



[GMW #2179] St. Francis And St. Claire Patron Saints Of the United Nations
Friday 25 March 2011, Editor: Easy
| RobertMuller.org | Contact | Subscribe | Unsubscribe |
Biography | World Core Curriculum | Store | Facebook | Twitter
| GMW Blogs: English | Portuguese | Spanish | Tagalog | Dutch |

Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 1001 to 1500

    ~ Idea 1438 ~    19 June 1998

I received from an admiring author a great book One Hundred Saints  with a beautiful inscription of his wish that I should be declared a saint too.  I perused the illustrated book and noted that only seven of the 100 were saints of the military (four of soldiers, the others of hunters, armorers and paratroopers).  I suggest that these qualifications be suppressed.  Christ would not give saintly support to the militaries who are trained to kill other humans.  I also do not understand why the Pope has never accepted my request that St. Francis and St. Claire be made the patron saints of the United Nations.  Almost everyone of the 100 saints is the patron saint of a nation.  Some European nations have several national saints!

One good news: Robert Schuman, my compatriot from Alsace-Lorraine who fathered the borderless European Union will be declared saint in the year 2000.  I am a member of his canonization committee.  The Pope asks us to hurry up, because he feels rightly "that the world needs political saints."

I have also recommend that the United Religions Organization should grant global sainthood to humans who have devoted their lives to peace and to a better world, irrespective of their religion.  I would love to receive it after my death.  It would help me up there with my connections to all religions, Gods and prophets.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,  
Volume II Chapter 4 - Of Positive Living
So many people highlight the gloom and negative sides of life that I have taken it upon me to fervently advocate and herald the beauty and positive sides.  Please join me.  Become an optimist and positivist

UN News Sources - UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service , UN Wire News Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rights of: Children, Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.


Photo Credit: Mary SampsonLocation: Big Sur, CA
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
-- Robin Williams

Books recommended by Robert are here.
Other newsletters by GMW's editor can be viewed and subscribed to here.

Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org
Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
Decide To Index
Decide To Poems


No comments: