Monday, October 15, 2012

[GMW #2574] Rights Of Nature Safeguard Evolution Of Life



[GMW #2574] Rights Of Nature Safeguard Evolution Of Life
Wednesday 24 Oct 2012, Editor: Easy
| RobertMuller.org | Contact | Subscribe | Unsubscribe |
Biography | World Core Curriculum | Store | NEW Facebook | Twitter
| GMW Blogs: English | Portuguese | Spanish | Tagalog | Dutch |

Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 1501 to 2000
~ Idea 1568~ 26 October 1998

After the great, global historic page of human rights opened fifty years ago in the United Nations with the adoption of the fundamental Declaration of Universal Human Rights on 10 December 1948, another great, new historical period has been opened with the drafting of an Earth Charter and the Rights of Nature, accompanied by a Declaration of Human Duties and Responsibilities. Henceforth, humankind will never be the same.

The question of our life, survival and harmony with the Earth, its elements and nature is now fully raise. Questions such as the following are now ominous:

Is it normal that we let a species die every five hours on this planet when it took evolution millions of years to form that species?

What is the human race doing to safeguard further evolution of life on this planet, save its elements, its vegetation and all other species living on it including the human species itself?

The last surviving drafter and signer of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Ambassador Feyroudin Hoveyda wrote to me recently that the declaration was considered at the time to be a mere piece of paper to be thrown into a wastepaper basket.

And yet no head of state, no government today wants to be accused for violation of human rights. The same will happen with the new texts on the rights of nature and of the Earth.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,  
Volume II  Chapter 2  Of Happiness
A reader wrote to me:
"I have applied your philosophy in your book Most of All, They Taught Me Happiness  in the worst circumstances for a woman:  I was happily married with a man I loved very much.  We have four children and live in a nice house in a suburban community of the beautiful Hudson Valley.  My husband's business is in New York City.  He became ever more prosperous and one day began to be unfaithful to me.  It was an excruciating experience, but I decided to overcome it: 

I resolved that "under no circumstance would I let him take my happiness away from me".  I didn't change my attitude towards him, kept the family together, sought greater happiness from my children, my home and my friends.  Several years have passed and very honestly I can say that I never regretted my decision.  He was never able to take my happiness away from me."
*

UN News Sources - UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service , UN Wire News Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rights of: Children, Women, Indigenous People
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.


a
Photo by Cheryl Strahl. Location: Cataratas Llanos de Cortes, Costa Rica.

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-- Buddha
Books recommended by Robert are here.

Subscribe to or unsubscribe from GoodMorningWorld.org

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
Decide To Index
Decide To Poems


No comments: