Monday, January 6, 2014

[GMW #2906] Never Fail To Denounce An Injustice To The Person At The Top



[GMW #2906] Never Fail To Denounce An Injustice To The Person At The Top
Idea Dream - Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500

~ Idea 3301 - 3400 Section INTRODUCTION ~

Never Fail To Denounce An Injustice

To The Person At The Top

A Boy's Letter to a Prime Minister

Someone wrote to me: "Dear Mr. Muller, I love your book of 2000 Ideas but what can I do?  I am a nobody, having a very low, minor job in a big firm.  You were lucky to have a great life in high positions allowing you to know the whole world.  You are still a big shot even if it is only for one dollar a year.  I cannot do anything and am very frustrated, unhappy with my life.  To read you made me even unhappier and frustrated."

I wrote him back: "Well, I have my frustrations too, e.g. that so few of my books are being read and so few of my ideas implemented.  I am 77 years old and I could easily give up.  But when that thought occurs to me, I remember a story from my youth which lifts me up again and prevents me from giving up.  It is a letter which I wrote when I was a refugee at the age of sixteen, with my father being mobilized in the French Army, my mother without barely any resources and my studies and normal life interrupted.  Here it is:

Read the full story here:

Never Fail To Denounce An Injustice To The Person At The Top

http://goodmorning-world.blogspot.com/2013/12/never-fail-to-denounce-injustice-to.html
I have drawn two important lessons from this anecdote:

First — if you see an injustice, do not wait for a better world; denounce it right away to the person at the top, even if you have little chance of being heard; you will at least feel better and sometimes you might even get results.

Secondly — when I became myself a close collaborator of three Secretaries-General of the UN, I made it a point to ensure that worthy letters written by humble, well-intentioned people were always seen by them, acted upon and answered.  The right to complain and to receive a reply should be made a basic human right, for government is here for the people and not for the tranquillity of the bureaucrats.

Later I learned that President John Kennedy set the rule that every hundredth letter from the vast amount of mail a President receives every day from citizens be handed to him unopened, so that he could read it and keep in touch with his people.  This good practice should be adopted by the heads of state of all countries of the world.  It would break the barriers which their entourage usually builds around them under the pretext of protecting their time.  And in the year 2001, at the UN University for Peace and Earth Council in demilitarized Costa Rica, I was happy to learn that a position of Ombudsman would be created to receive unattended complaints from people all over the world.  May God bless the incumbent of that new position. 

And may my story encourage people to write to their heads of state and parliamentarians.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume I Chapter 5 The Miracle of Individual Life
I often feel that my life is a lamp: a temporary container filled with light, a flow of energy, condensed and held together for a while in a mysterious, marvelous living cosmos linked with the rest of the Earth and the heavens through material, touchable, and immaterial, invisible ties.  Someday the lamp will extinguish. 

The material elements will be reabsorbed and reborn by Mother Earth in her flows of life and energy.  The immaterial elements will return to a universal pool to be reborn in other forms on this planet or elsewhere in the universe. 

My light will shine brightest, longest and happily if I take good care both of my material and immaterial forms, i.e. my body, my mind, my heart and my soul.
*


UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.

Daily Ray of Hope
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Flickr user Ralph Earlandson | Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming

The world would never amount to a hill of beans if people didn't use their imaginations to think of the impossible.
~ Pete Seeger

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller's GoodMorningWorld.org

The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
   With An Index


Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: