Sunday, August 11, 2013

[GMW #2785] When Construction Goes Well, Earth Does Not Go So Well


[GMW #2785] When Construction Goes Well, Earth Does Not Go So Well Idea Dream -Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500
~ Idea 3178 ~
The Earth:
"You Robert, as a Frenchman, you know I'm sure the French saying: Quand le batiment va, tout va.  When construction goes well, all goes well.  Alas for me the Earth, when construction goes well, I am not well."

I:
Okay, I will recommend that from now on the saying should be: Quand le batiment va, la Terre ne va pas.  When construction goes well, the Earth does not go so well.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,
Volume II Chapter 3 Of Consciousness
Even if I were the greatest, most glorious and most admired person on Earth, my greatness would be nothing compared with any of God's humblest creatures.
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.


Power without love is reckless and abusive, and
love without power is sentimental and anemic.

Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice, and
justice at its best is power correcting everything that stands against love.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.
--------------------------------------------------------

From Teri - Rio Earth Summit Angel 1992

The Citizen's Summit asked for volunteers for the Global Forum at the Earth Summit in Rio in 1992. I left Maui, Hawaii and flew to San Francisco and from there connected to my flight to Rio in Miami.

While waiting for the flight, I observed in front of me a gentleman and a younger man walking toward my gate when one of their bags burst at the seams, spilling it's contents to the floor.

I explained that I saw a shop on the way to the gate, not far from where we were standing that there were bags that could replace the broken one.

The older gentleman and I began a conversation while we waiting for the young man to return. He was Robert Muller. I had just read a book by him on the flight (I can't remember the name of the book) however I believe it was about Ecology. I was so excited to meet an author of a book that I had just read and to think we were both going to the Earth Summit.

Later we were both on the same aircraft, I was in First Class and he was in the main cabin. My friend was also in the main cabin and when I went back to speak with her, I noticed Dr. Muller in a very undesirable seat where lights were shining in his face, the lavatory door just across the aisle so I asked the First Class Flight Attendant if I could bring him up to the empty seat next to me just to sleep.

That was arranged, as I knew he would need his sleep as he would more than likely be greeted by many people who would want his attention.  He thanked me.

Then again, I found myself in the third position to help this man. He was at the customs and immigration counter ahead of me from a different line; I was at a nearby window and noticed that he walked off, leaving his briefcase. I grabbed it and ran after him, getting his attention. He was surprised to see me when I lifted up the case and said, I think you forgot something. He laughed and invited me to walk out with him, calling me his "angel." 

There was certainly a crowd of people and he was slowly swallowed up in the festivities. I didn't see him again and only last night, I was thinking of this event and decided to look on line to see if he was still at the University of Peace. I am sad to find out that he died and hopefully my little story will add a piece to his life-story.

Life does give us these moments that we treasure and I was so fortunate to have the Angel experience to help him 3 times. 

He introduced me to Hanna Strong who was doing the Wisdom Keepers in another area of the Earth Summit and invited me up. I did go for an incredible evening with amazing people from around the world who were holding the "peace" through their own indigenous and/or religious beliefs. What a time of true cooperation. 

We never know when a chance encounter will change who we are. I am positive that he had a profound influence on the direction of my life. 

My heart is your heart.  
Mahalo Nui Loa,  
Teri 

More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller'sGoodMorningWorld.org
The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
   With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: