Monday, February 25, 2013

[GMW #2663] Thus Resurrected The World From Global First World Catastrophe


[GMW #2663] Thus Resurrected The World From Global First World Catastrophe Idea Dream -Robert Muller's Ideas 3001 to 3500
~ Idea 3056 ~   

It was a miracle that for the first time in all evolution and human history a universal grouping of humans in nations was achieved in the United Nations.  It required the horrors, killings and destructions of World War II to give it birth.

It miraculously grew a little and was not abolished as was its predecessor the League of Nations.  But governments did not accept to give it a real global role and necessary means and were thus overtaken by global world businesses which now rule the world with many governments as their servants.

This will lead to world disaster if governments do not wake up.  Perhaps only a first world catastrophe will wake them up, but they are not even prepared for that.

I was tempted to end the last volume of 3000 ideas with the words, "AMEN to Planet Earth.  You will get extinct, filled with dead monstrous cities, abandoned skyscrapers, automobiles, airplanes, yachts, museums, overflowing with objects and garbage."  After these words I would have drawn a circle with the Latin words inside, Sic transit gloria mundi, thus passes the glory of the world.  Such a big sign could be placed on the surface of our Earth to be seen by outer space beings visiting it.

But my wife Barbara objected and said, "You cannot finish a book with such an ending."  I answered, "Well, I give you the last word."  And she drew another circle with these Latin words in the middle of it, Sic resurexit mundus, thus resurrected the world.  And I wrote my Dream 3000.

Robert's The Miracle, Joy and Art of Living,  
Volume II  Chapter2  Of Happiness
When as a young man I wrote my thesis in my room in an attic, my father sometimes visited me and said:  "Why do you whistle all the time?  Doesn't it prevent you to work?"
"I whistle because I am happy and it helps my work."
I was simply doing what the dwarfs in Snow White's story were doing:
"We whistle while we work."
*

UN News: UN Chronicle, United Nations News Service, UN Wire Archive
References: Earth Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Rights of: Children,Women, IndigenousPeople
To Be Written: Rights of Nature, Birds, Animals, Fish, etc.


WORD FOR THE DAY

I am not afraid of storms, for
I am learning how to sail my ship.
-- Louisa May Alcott


More from Robert Muller: RobertMuller.org
Subscribe to/or unsubscribe from Robert Muller'sGoodMorningWorld.org
The first 4000 Ideas & Dreams
For A Better World

The Idea Dreams
   With An Index

Robert's Harmonic & Talk
Ode To Joy
Never Give Up (Audio Talk)

Decide to - poems
DecideTo Index
DecideTo Poems

No comments: